Here's a selection of PHP scripts and tools for adding functionality to websites. They can be used as-is or for inspiration and are open source under either the GNU General Public License (http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html) or the MIT License (https://opensource.org/licenses/MIT) as stated in the script.
Disclaimer: none of the scripts or tools are guaranteed to be error free and are used at your own responsibility and I do not provide support but feedback is welcome.
Tools and Tips
- ASCII Table - ASCII table and extended character set outlining differences between Windows-1252 (CP-1252), UTF-8, ISO-8859-1.
- .htaccess + .htpasswd - Encrypt passwords for use with .htaccess and .htpasswd on this page and learn how to implement basic password protection.
- Random String Generator - Generate a pseudo random string on this page and see the PHP source code.
- User Info - Examples of how to get info about website users in PHP. Also an example of getting geo location data.
- Contact Form - Contact form with captcha enabling users to contact you without disclosing your email address publicly.
- File List - Read and list subdirectories and files in a directory nicely with links for navigation (like an Apache server directory listing).
- Hit and Online Counter - Hit and online counter using MySQL for counting the number of users visiting your website so you can brag about it.
- Search Engine - Search functionality for unindexed websites. Search for pattern matches in filenames and content down through a folder structure.